Germs, oh how I hate thee...

  Someone asked me why I dread getting sick...after all, it's just a virus, right??  Yes, it is...unless you have an autoimmune disease as well...And therefore are immunosuppressed and catch almost everything that is doing the rounds...this was my reply.

It's not the viral illness that gets me, altho that's no fun either...it's the aftermath when my body goes crazy with inflammatory reaction. Everything is painful to do, and I can't concentrate for more than a few minutes...I walk around in a daze, can't remember from one thing to the next...and I want to sleep, all of the time, but I can't cos I have to do a certain amount of things (like pick up Josh from school) and if I lie down, I'll sleep right thru that time.This is why I hate getting something,cos I'll be weeks afterwards trying to climb back up to something resembling normal.  OK, rant over...sorry guys.

About Me

My photo
Narangba, Qld, Australia
Hi! I am a creative sort and at some time or other have tried out most crafts. But the one I have fallen in love with, is patchwork and quilting. Fabric is a passion with me, I often just like to stroke it as I love the feel of it on my skin. There's my son: Booboy (age 12), ,and our mad spaniel Monty living at our handmade-brick cottage at the end of the cul-de-sac. Our flood orphan, Emerald Kitty,(get it? Emerald KITTY!) has settled in with us nicely, and adores minke blankets to hide in. Recently we added two more furry cat darlings to our household, Kira The Black Ninja and Max The GingerNut. They are joined at the hip and eat, sleep, play and annoy Emmy together (also get their ears boxed by stately elder kitty together. )