Moments in time... from moi...

Theatre is a health hazard. It drives you crazy trying to get your sleeping pattern back to normal after doing a run of shows. Give it up, you say? Don't be daft, how would I have any fun then???
 
Another great quote from a friend (hi Dee!) ...
"Live your life so the preacher won't have to lie at your funeral."
 
Is it crazy to feel down about the awful content of the news lately? I just can't seem to get my mind onto other things.   August 25 at 12:09am   Eds note...10th anniversary of  9/11, the finding of Daniel Morcombe's body and his killer...friends needing support in their grief...
 
The props table for Oliver! is down by two carrots...yummmm...fresh produce, hungry stage hand...:-)
 
(In response to the 1990 game on Facebook...)  OK...In 1990, I was still trying to settle from my overseas stint travelling, and finding it very difficult...working in a private hospital on the Peninsula as a nurse...beginning a relationship with a now ex-fiance, whose ring I subsequently sold...and bought, with the proceeds, a cherry wood rocking chair cos I figured it was more likely to go the distance to old age.  (Eds note...He got the bank account!!)...meeting (and reacquainting myself with) the young adults and the choir kids from Deception Bay Baptist...(you all know who you are!) and generally causing chaos with my viewpoints on controversial subjects. My parents were firmly convinced I was involved in some kind of cult (what WAS this Baptist stuff??  They raised me as a proper Anglican!) and my brother was being a right royal pain in the bum with his attitude to me and to life in general, living with me in our parents'investment house...ingrate...Good thing he improved with marriage...
 
Husband has decreed tomorrow to be computer maintenance and update day...given that he killed mine the last time he did this, I may be a long time in coming back....or no time at all...:-/ August 14 at 4:20am
  • Dee V, Celia K, Suzanne R and 2 others like this.

    Miki Jay Dear Lord Guide Philip In all he does hee hee se you soon
    August 14 at 7:21am

    Louella H Hope it's not too long!
    August 14 at 7:47am

    Gordon M   Lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice, or always rings twice, I never could get that one! See you soon Deb
    August 14 at 9:05am

    Anthony N   good luck and fingers crossed !
    August 14 at 9:11am

    Melissa W Father God, give Phillip wisdom and ability, NOT to kill the computer in this maitenance period. Amen Love you Deb
     
    Rebecca S eeek ....good luck!!
    August 14 at 10:35am

    Damian S Maintenance and updates? What's that?
    August 14 at 1:07pm
     
    Dee V oh now!!!!...i shall pray... 
    Tracey Pope Are you back yet Deb?!?
    August 15 at 7:43pm
     
  • Noooooooooo...!  (I ended up sharing with my husband...:-(   )


    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before. 
    "Books admitted me to their world open-handedly, as people for their most part, did not. The life I lived in books was one of ease and freedom, worldly wisdom, glitter, dash and style." -Jonathan Raban.  And in a nutshell, you have my child and teenage years...:-)
    Hello...joke time.... :-)
    Abbot looked at Gillard, chuckled and said, "You know, I could throw a $1,000 note out of the window right now and make somebody very happy." Gillard shrugged her shoulders and replied, "I could throw ten $100 notes out of the window and make ten people very happy". Hearing their exchange, the pilot of the plane said to his co-pilot," Such big- shots back there. I could throw both of them out of the window and make 23 million people very happy!"
     
    Please post this as your status if you know someone who has been eaten by Reavers and is now a hood ornament on a Reaver ship. 85% of people won't copy this as their status because they have no idea what a Reaver is; 10% will start speaking Chinese or say something profound like "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"; and 5% will start singing "The Hero of Canton.  July 27 at 11:25pm
     
    Debbie Lane....thinks that if you miss your ex you should calm down ...
    take a deep breath ... reload your gun and fire again ! :-)
    Love to my friends doing the breakup dance...it will get better...
     
    I went to see HarryPotter 7.2...cried at the end...felt flat ever since. Same experience in highschool at 16, when I finished Lord of the Rings trilogy...(BOOKs!)  Bereft... 

About Me

My photo
Narangba, Qld, Australia
Hi! I am a creative sort and at some time or other have tried out most crafts. But the one I have fallen in love with, is patchwork and quilting. Fabric is a passion with me, I often just like to stroke it as I love the feel of it on my skin. There's my son: Booboy (age 12), ,and our mad spaniel Monty living at our handmade-brick cottage at the end of the cul-de-sac. Our flood orphan, Emerald Kitty,(get it? Emerald KITTY!) has settled in with us nicely, and adores minke blankets to hide in. Recently we added two more furry cat darlings to our household, Kira The Black Ninja and Max The GingerNut. They are joined at the hip and eat, sleep, play and annoy Emmy together (also get their ears boxed by stately elder kitty together. )