Getting to know me...April 2011...moment in time...

1. What time did you get up this morning?  8.15 am...woken by insistent kitten...

2. How do you like your steak? Preferably, left on the cow... :-p 

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?   Harry Potter 7

4. What is your favorite TV show? Criminal Minds, Bones, Castle, ....

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?   Mountains...Sunshine Coast Hinterland. 

6. What did you have for breakfast? Two gluten free scones with vegemite and golden syrup, cup of tea.

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Again - Just one??? Italian/Chinese/sushi

8. What foods do you dislike?  Offal of any sort...Bleuuuu!

9. Favorite Place to Eat? anywhere with good food and decent service...yum cha springs to mind!

10. Favorite dressing? something with ginger, chilli, lime or mango......

11..What kind of vehicle do you drive?  Toyota Camry...but just a car, one day we get one with soul...
:-) 
12. What are your favorite clothes? Anything Balinese looking, or from Holy Clothing...and my satin PJ's.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Egypt/Canada/Paris.

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Depends how thirsty I am... 

15. Where would you want to retire?  What's retire??  Broome, I think...

16. Favorite time of day?    When both my boys are asleep....

17. Where were you born? Werribee Hospital, Vic.

18.  Favorite sport to watch?  favourite and sport don't belong in the same sentence in my world....ice dancing or gymnastics, sometimes tennis.

19. Who do you think will not tag you back?  no thoughts on the matter...am I supposed to care?

20. Person you expect to tag you back first?  no expectations.

21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?  I thought this was supposed to be for fun...

22. Bird watcher? love watching birds and animals....

23. Are you a morning person or a night person?   Night...which is not good if you need mornings to do stuff.

24. Pets?  Yes .  One dog, one cat.  Love them to distraction.

25. Any new and exciting news that you'd like to share?   Wouldn't you like to know??? 

26. What did you want to be when you were little?  A ballet dancer

27. What is your best childhood memory? My books...went to many places far away with them...

 28. Are you a cat or dog person? CAT and Dog!!!

29. Are you married?  Yes

30. Always wear your seat belt?   No, I prefer to wear my clothes... honestly, now you're just getting silly.

31. Been in a car accident?   Yes 

32. Any pet peeves?   Animal cruelty...actually that's more like rage...and being treated as if I don't matter. 

33. Favorite pizza topping?  cheese, mushrooms, pineapple, pumkin, pinenuts.tomato....with BBQ sauce.

 34. Favorite Flower?   A spring bouquet!  Tulips, gerberas, roses, , freesias, frangipanis.....

 35. Favorite ice cream?  Heaven vanilla caramel and macadamia nuts.

 36. Favorite fast food restaurant?  I only use them because I have a son.

 37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Once on my learners, none on my open licence. 

 38. From whom did you get your last email?   LivingSocial 

 39.Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Ikea, Book depository, Holy Clothing.

 40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Yep...danced down a street under an umbrella In pelting rain, belting out'"Singin' in the Rain".

41. Like your job?  I like Bec's idea here...."I don't call anything a job or work....I do what I love and try to keep the 'job' mentality out of it."  My current status, is mum and wife.


 42. Broccoli?  tolerate it

 43. What was your favorite vacation?  They were pretty good...Probably Switzerland and Rome

 44. Last person you went out to dinner with?   Family...went to a play recently with Melody...

 45. What are you listening to right now?  The torrential rain, my fridge humming, tapping on the keyboard, Dog snoring, birds calling .

 46. What is your favorite colour?  Baby, just give me the rainbow.  This favourites nonsense doesn't work for me.

 47. How many tattoos do you have?  Zip...but that may change...

 48. How many are you tagging?  who knows ?  What's tagging??

 49Coffee drinker?  Only on shopping outings...

 50. What time did you finish this?  3.38pm
  • Marion G, Desley A and Phil H like this.

    Phil H When u were in Italy & Switzerland did the natives look at u funny when u talked?:)
    April 18 at 4:57pm


    Deborah Lane No, I speak their languages...they only reserve that look for Americans who talk English VERY LOUD.
    April 18 at 4:58pm

    Phil H Well that would be me then...i sound very loud even when im not trying too because i have a very deep voice & sound like Darth Vader
    April 18 at 5:01pm

    Jenny F One cat and one dog - does that mean Wolfie didn't make it? I'm so sorry Deb.
    April 18 at 5:06pm


    Deborah Lane Messaged you, Jen...no, he didn't.
    April 18 at 5:06pm

    Phil H i bet my Spanish is better than your Italian Wombat Woman...5 years in Southern Spain,  20 in San Antonio Texas!
    April 18 at 5:08pm

    Pil Humphrey And where did u learn your Italian...Tasmania?:)
    April 18 at 5:24pm

    Desley A  Sorry to here Wolfie did not make it. He was a cat with personality!
    April 18 at 5:47pm
    Helen Henderson Interesting answers from a very interesting lady.

    April 18 at 7:26pm

    Melody N Gee Deb, I have been your friend forever and I Didn't realise that you were a Victorian!!!!!
    April 18 at 10:08pm


    Deborah Lane ‎@ Phil...no, in North Qld...Italians galore in the canefields...:-)
    April 19 at 10:06am 

    Deborah Lane And yes, Spanish I leave to my sister in law...She's from Barcelona...
    April 19 at 10:06am

    Deborah Lane ‎@ Melody...it's not my fault that my Qld parents were stationed at the airforce base in Victoria when I made my entry to the world!
    April 19 at 10:11am


    Deborah Lane ‎@Helen...Thank you! @ Desley...yeah. Me too. Miss him so.
    April 19 at 10:13am

    Phil H Odd conection here Wombatess...i was a U.S. Air Force "Brat", its why i was in Spain from the ages of 9 to 15.

    April 19 at 10:27am


    (Eds note...I do not really speak Italian, just having some fun with a loud mouth American Southerner mate who fortunately cannot tell when I am playing him...but there really are lots of Italians and descendants in the cane fields up north...:-) ...oh, and my sister in law DOES speak Spanish, but she is from Newcastle...Fawlty Towers Rules!)
     

About Me

My photo
Narangba, Qld, Australia
Hi! I am a creative sort and at some time or other have tried out most crafts. But the one I have fallen in love with, is patchwork and quilting. Fabric is a passion with me, I often just like to stroke it as I love the feel of it on my skin. There's my son: Booboy (age 12), ,and our mad spaniel Monty living at our handmade-brick cottage at the end of the cul-de-sac. Our flood orphan, Emerald Kitty,(get it? Emerald KITTY!) has settled in with us nicely, and adores minke blankets to hide in. Recently we added two more furry cat darlings to our household, Kira The Black Ninja and Max The GingerNut. They are joined at the hip and eat, sleep, play and annoy Emmy together (also get their ears boxed by stately elder kitty together. )