I think I'm over moving....

And I haven't even sold the house!  We started packing a lot of things away because apparently our house is too cluttered...how rude!  Anyway, monumental effort made by all, and now lotsa boxes are sitting in our storage shed at Kennards down the road and our agent is fielding less of those rude remarks!

But even with all the stuff I sorted and either tossed or donated to charity, I still can't believe we have so much stuff.  Do we really need it all??   And I guess the answer, for me, is no.  But I would feel very lonely without some of my o-so-very special books and objects, that have been given to me by delightful people, and that I treasure because of the people who gave them to me. For example, I still have the small ski-ing piglet that a certain little boy gave to me after he went to the snowfields...that little boy is now in his late twenties, and I don't see him very much anymore, but I think of him every time I look at that little pig and mention him to God.  It's actually a very practical way of remembering to pray for people!  And I need all the memory prompting I can get...:-).

We've had people coming through each day (except Christmas, and a no-show on Christmas Eve) and the strain of keeping the house tidy all the time is starting to tell on us all.  Josh especially!  He just wants something to be where he left it, so he can come back to it later...I didn't realise just how desparate he was, until I went out to the lounge room a couple of days back and found that he had sticky-taped his current lego creation to the dining room table.  My poor lil' sweety! 

I should be in bed.  So, that is where I shall now go!

About Me

My photo
Narangba, Qld, Australia
Hi! I am a creative sort and at some time or other have tried out most crafts. But the one I have fallen in love with, is patchwork and quilting. Fabric is a passion with me, I often just like to stroke it as I love the feel of it on my skin. There's my son: Booboy (age 12), ,and our mad spaniel Monty living at our handmade-brick cottage at the end of the cul-de-sac. Our flood orphan, Emerald Kitty,(get it? Emerald KITTY!) has settled in with us nicely, and adores minke blankets to hide in. Recently we added two more furry cat darlings to our household, Kira The Black Ninja and Max The GingerNut. They are joined at the hip and eat, sleep, play and annoy Emmy together (also get their ears boxed by stately elder kitty together. )