I do regular cupboard clean-outs, of my own things and my son's toys and clothes. If it's too small/outgrown/wrecked beyond repair, it goes out to either the bin or the Salvos. And I badger my husband to do the same, only he can't bear to throw stuff out and I must do it for him after he has decided and put in a box what he is prepared to get rid of.
So how is it that I still have stuff beyond belief??
Today we did some house touch-ups (you know, those scruffy bits that happen when you live with children and dogs) in preparation for people viewing our place this week. And my husband threw out 4 boxes of old uni notes and text books from the shed...and I didn't ask him to! He has also taken all his broken bicycles (that's another story!) to the local bike recycling/repairing co-operative so they can live again. I am very proud of him!
So this week I will get into packing away stuff that doesn't get used that often (like my teapot collection!). Apparently places that do not look cluttered go over better with potential buyers. And to that end I have hired a storage space at the local Kennards to put our packed extras and furniture bits in so we can a) look tidy and b)get a headstart on packing.
I shall also do some more sewing. And hopefully, someone will bid on my quilting frame that's selling on ebay and give it a new home as well!
Oh, and I have a birthday coming up...:-) and I am going to see the musical "Wicked" at the Capitol Theatre in Sydney as my present! Yayyyyyyyyyy! Can't wait! Musical theatre is a passion of mine and I am soooo looking forward to this outing! I shall report in later in the week...happy happy joy joy...!
It's about myself, my creative life and my family as we meander through the journey known as life.
About Me
- Beeeme!
- Narangba, Qld, Australia
- Hi! I am a creative sort and at some time or other have tried out most crafts. But the one I have fallen in love with, is patchwork and quilting. Fabric is a passion with me, I often just like to stroke it as I love the feel of it on my skin. There's my son: Booboy (age 12), ,and our mad spaniel Monty living at our handmade-brick cottage at the end of the cul-de-sac. Our flood orphan, Emerald Kitty,(get it? Emerald KITTY!) has settled in with us nicely, and adores minke blankets to hide in. Recently we added two more furry cat darlings to our household, Kira The Black Ninja and Max The GingerNut. They are joined at the hip and eat, sleep, play and annoy Emmy together (also get their ears boxed by stately elder kitty together. )