and I'm glad! To shut the door on 2009 has been an aim of mine for, oooo, about 6 months now! However, that which does not kill us...you know the rest. I was going to try for an uplifting tone to this post, but my thoughts seem otherwise...
There's lots of talk about today, of fresh starts, following dreams, and making it happen in 2010. And I have no problem with that. That's how we SHOULD be approaching a new year. It's just that I do this spin with myself every year, and it's starting to wear out a bit...while I'd never swap the lessons learnt thru hard experience, I figure I'd also have to be certifiably insane to say I enjoyed learning them that way. So, I'll just say that this year, come what may, I just hope and pray I'll get through it. There doesn't seem to be a lot of point planning much beyond that as a goal. The energy, concentration and focus required to carry out anything else on my list of things to do just isn't there and is not likely to be anytime soon. I don't like life when there's nothing to look forward to...
I'll be OK, I know, I have lots of strategies and mechanisms that will kick in soon and help me up again...but it's also true that I'm tired of just getting through, and finding myself no further advanced, at the end of the time period, in anything I'd like to do and see happening in my life. Waiting, waiting...
It's about myself, my creative life and my family as we meander through the journey known as life.
About Me
- Beeeme!
- Narangba, Qld, Australia
- Hi! I am a creative sort and at some time or other have tried out most crafts. But the one I have fallen in love with, is patchwork and quilting. Fabric is a passion with me, I often just like to stroke it as I love the feel of it on my skin. There's my son: Booboy (age 12), ,and our mad spaniel Monty living at our handmade-brick cottage at the end of the cul-de-sac. Our flood orphan, Emerald Kitty,(get it? Emerald KITTY!) has settled in with us nicely, and adores minke blankets to hide in. Recently we added two more furry cat darlings to our household, Kira The Black Ninja and Max The GingerNut. They are joined at the hip and eat, sleep, play and annoy Emmy together (also get their ears boxed by stately elder kitty together. )