Highlights I may not have mentioned, of this year...

It occurs to me, as I am reading this year's blog entries, that there is a lot between the lines.  I have spent more time with friends on Facebook, and not so much here.  So I am going to recap some of the year's moments, transferred from over there to here.

I don't want to live my life wondering what would have happened if I HAD done a particular thing...so today I did it. And it feels great, even if nothing else results from it! I had a go.!

November 7 at 6:03pm  

  • Tracey P, Kerri H, Dee V and 11 others like this.
    • Nicki E What was that?

      November 7 at 6:10pm

    • Deborah Lane Auditioned for Joseph and his Technicolour Dream Coat...
      November 7 at 6:11pm ·

    • Nicki E  Great, where are they doing that?
      November 7 at 6:12pm ·

    • Kate H Good on you Deb, how did it go?
      November 7 at 6:31pm ·

    • Louella H  What a brilliant attitude to have. :-)
      November 7 at 7:05pm ·

    • Naomi 'N'  Way to go Deb!!! Good on you
      November 7 at 7:11pm ·

    • Sherree C you did great Deb.!!
      November 7 at 7:41pm ·

    • Annie B  yeah i know the feeling sometimes it is hard to be brave but some days you have no choice good luck
      November 7 at 9:01pm

    • Melody N  I am sure you impressed them. Better start practising by singing to the wall!! I am sooooo jealous.
      November 7 at 9:03pm

    • Deborah Lane Well, for those who want to see the show...it is on next year, in April...hang on while I get the exact dates...OK, 6-9th April 2011. Put it in the diary!

    • Deborah Lane Melody, you are such a smarty bum...watch out for the biology book...:-)
      November 8 at 10:18am ·


      Please put this as your status if you know or are related to someone who has been eaten by a dragon. Dragons are unstoppable and in case you didn't know, they can breath fire! 93% of people will not copy this because they have been eaten by dragons, the other 7% of people are in the ...shower ...armed with fire extinguishers.

      November 7 at 6:00pm
      Damian S  I can't sorry ... They contribute to carbon emissions and global warming. 

      Deborah Lane Yeah, thinking about investing in a good crossbow so as to take the offensive against them...:-)

       

      I planted lots of seeds in my garden today...hopefully I'll have strawberries, watermelons, mangoes (tree established long-time!!!!!!), beans, pumpkins, rocket, and an assortment of herbs. Oh, and an Australian native screening the bedroom window... :-) and African daisies in some pots around the garden..

      November 5 at 9:59pm 
        • Deborah Lane Lawn fertilized, tree branches trimmed for the storm season, hot pink bougainvillea with nasty thorns GONE and its little cousin threatened with same if it does not stop scratching us all!!
          November 5 at 10:01pm ·

        • Louella H Sounds wonderful !
          November 5 at 10:06pm ·
        • Rebecca S  Yayyy sounds fab!!

          November 5 at 10:13pm · 
        • Louise J I have a new vege garden built at the back of my deck/retaining wall! Love it and the veges growing!

          November 5 at 11:01pm ·
        • Sue L Sounds like my sort of garden... well the one I hope to have one day! LOL. Too much preparation and hard work involved to get it all started! Planting and maintaining is my game!
          I look forward to some photos of the fruits of your labor. :)

          November 6 at 1:02pm · 

I have a new toy...a little robotic sweeper that dust-mops for me!! Now, just have to protect it from the cat...who is verrrry interested!

 

 The Sweet - Ballroom Blitz   Soooooo fine!!     (Karen T and Louise C enjoyed it too...)

Deborah Lane Got beaned by the heavy end of a palm branch...lovely cut and bruise, centre of forehead and large bruises chest and arms. Palm branch hacked to pieces as act of revenge.

Suzanne R sure it wasn't a Triffid......there are some plants that are carnivorous....lucky escape I'd say!

 

Well, Dad's angiogram was clear...so while it's good that the pain was not his heart...what the heck WAS it?? New plan of attack needed...

October 22 at 5:54pm 

  • Amy B, Suzanne R, Dale Gand 5 others like this.

    • Lisa B your mother?????
      PS - please don't tell her I said that - she still scares me ;)

      October 22 at 6:45pm ·

    • Melody N Great news, Deb!! Maybe it was just a warning to take things a bit easier. Why on earth would your mum scare Lisa? A nicer lady you would never meet.
      October 22 at 7:50pm ·
    • Rachel W Is he intollerant to MSG at all? This can give chest pain symptoms.
      October 22 at 7:54pm ·

    • Annie B my Dad had chest pains already survived 3 heart attacks this time turned out to be his lungs - emphasema and asbestosis combined might be worth them checking it out
      October 22 at 8:04pm

    • Naomi 'N' Sigh of relief that it was not pain in his heart. But sounds like he needs to go see a doctor and get further tests Deb. Thinking of you and your dad
      October 22 at 8:23pm ·

    • Deborah Lane LOL...Don't worry, Lisa, your secret is safe with me, sometimes she scares me too...and Mel, you haven't yet seen my mum in full flight when she's determined on getting what she wants NOW ...the consequences can sometimes be VERY scary!
      October 22 at 8:35pm ·

    • Melody N Sounds a bit like you, Debbie. I warn all your friends to run away if Debbie comes near you with a biology book!!!
      October 22 at 8:43pm ·

    • Sally K Hope they find out . Dont let him go home without some answers!
      October 22 at 9:16pm ·

    • Deborah Lane ‎(With dignity) I have not hit anyone with a biology book since high-school, Melody...altho I could be persuaded to make an exception for annoying friends with long memories!!
      October 22 at 11:42pm ·

    • Tracey P You get to an age where your children's illnesses are less scary than your parents, hoping for a speedy diagnosis.
      October 23 at 12:16am ·

Deborah likes Alan Rickman (Actor).  He is sooooo fine!

 

Two things make me madder than mad...one is domestic violence, the other is maltreatment of animals. Put them together...and you have this farce...see below.



  • Dee V likes this.

    • Deborah Lane
      A former butcher who slaughtered his partner's dog may walk free because according to his lawyer, Blair Tremaine, the charge is worded incorrectly. It alleges Bond killed the dog by 'repeatedly stabbing it' but Mr Tremaine said his client dd not stab, but 'cut the dog' and only one cut was fatal. Nikki, a keeshond, died in August, 2009, allegedly following a domestic dispute between its owner and Bond. She was found in a rubbish bin. Magistrate Paul Foley will hand down his verdict next month.Trevor James Bond may walk free after cutting dog's throat as it is 'not against law'.
      www.news.com.au
      HE ADMITS fatally slashing the throat of his ex-partner's dog, but Trevor James Bond may yet avoid an animal cruelty conviction on a legal technicality.

      22 hours ago ·

      Alexandra L Oh my GOD! We recently dealt with a person who was trying to surrender a litter of stray kittens to us. They were trying to hide them frmo their housemate, who was threatening to kill them. When our volunteer got to their house, the housemate had found the kittens. He had killed one, with a shovel. Called the RSPCA - they said "it's not illegal to kill your pet, nothing we can do" - disgusting!!!
      22 hours ago ·


    • Alexandra L I love Keeshonds, that story makes me so, so sad :( what horrible person does something like that? It's just awful :(
    • Louella H Very sad. You gotta shake your head about some legal decisions.

    • Miki Jay wow i am gob smacked ..
      21 hours ago ·

    • Naomi 'N'  OMG I remember that incident. Scum

      And as for the R$PCA comment regarding the kittens- absolutely disgusting and despicable.
The saga of the caterpillar and the basil...

Bloody caterpillar tried to eat my basil...now he lives in heaven. Have threatened snails with same if they try to emulate his feat.


Bloody caterpillar had a brother :-/ Now they are reunited. Snails have not dared to try anything.

The bloody caterpillars had another brother, now deceased. Basil almost all gone, sob sob. It is the only thing they are eating!!! Why?!

  • TanjaK I heard along time ago that every critter avoids catnip....whatever that is
    November 13 at 5:17am ·

  • Rebecca S except cats that is!!
    November 13 at 8:31am

  • Deborah Lane Coooool! I have catnip seedlings just coming up...will have to transplant them...and have found a recipe for a garlic and soap spray for pests...
    November 13 at 5:39pm ·

  • Rebecca S keep wolfi away!!!
    November 13 at 5:47pm ·

  • Deborah Lane Why?? If it makes him happy....oh, I see. He will roll in it, won't he? Then i'll have squashed basil...:-(
    November 13 at 6:28pm ·  

  • Rebecca S ‎....catnip, catsquished pesto???
    November 13 at 6:30pm · 

Libera - Going Home (Full Version - Live)   Boys Choir.    Tune: Dvorak's 9th Symphony "The New World"
Going home, going home
I'm just going home
Quiet light, some still day
I'm just going home
It's not far, just close by
Through an open door
Work all done, care laid by
Going to fear no more
Mother's there expecting me
Father's waiting, too
Lots of folk gathered there
All the friends I knew
All the friends I knew
I'm going home
Nothing's lost, all's gain
No more fret nor pain
No more stumbling on the way
No more longing for the day
Going to roam no more
Morning star lights the way
Restless dream all done
Shadows gone, break of day
Real life begun
There's no break, there's no end
Just a living on
Wide awake with a smile
Going on and on
Going home, going home
I'm just going home
It's not far, just close by
Through an open door
I am going home
I'm just going home
Going home, going home.

I don't care if Monday's blue Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too Thursday I don't care about you It's Friday, I'm in love Monday you can fall apart Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart Oh, Thursday doesn't even start It's Friday I'm in love  The Cure!

 

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children... ...to leave the world a better place... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.    Ralph Waldo Emerson.

 

If you have had a dog who has made you laugh, brightened your life,
silently accepted your tears without judgment, snuggled with you, has
forgiven your faults and loved you anyway, make this your status. Dogs
are a gift. Repost this if you have or have had an amazing dog!

 

I hate being left behind...trying to go on after a special one has left this earth frankly sucks. 

 "Oh dear, sounds terrible- i was just having a read on the net for what "Syringomyelia" was. Can you get treatment, or is it too complicated for dogs?"

September 19 at 9:26am Garry the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel I'm already taking the pain medication at the maximum dose and I still have neurological pain. There is an operation but it's very serious (they saw open the skull to make room for the brain) and not a very good success rate. Mum and Dad say they won't put me through it.

 

This is what is on my mind....I own a Cav Spaniel, and I wouldn't wish this condition on my worst enemy. All because someone somewhere decided breeding profit was more important than the life quality of an animal. No cure. Just a slow, painful death by migraine. Little Gary has done nothing to deserve this and is only 17 months old!

Please be aware of a disease which mainly affects Cavalier King Charles
Spaniels, but can affect other small dog breeds known as Syringomyelia.
A gorgeous dog named Garry has just been diagnosed with it, he is a
much loved dog and his owners are obviously devastated. Spreading
awareness to help other dog's and their loving owners.

This is in no way meant to put anyone off this breed...they are fantastic dogs. Irresponsible breeding practices have resulted in this condition coming to the fore, trying to make the "Perfect" dog specimen, according to Crofts.


Deborah Lane Here is my Wolfie...honorable mention! So proud!

It has been a tough decision for the judges with 180 stunning contestants but the results are finally in. The following 4 entrants have been chosen by the judges as commendable mentions because of their wonderful stories and gorgeous personalities. They just simply couldn’t resist the unique beauty of the kissing snake Corazon, or the adorable pout of 6 month old Border Collie, Kiara. Turais was chosen because as a Delta dog he is a terrific ambassador for large breeds, and the gorgeous little Wolfie—adopted from a produce shed— was included because his story shows the wonderful bond that exists between a pet and their adoptive family.

 

We must believe in magic...we must believe in the guiding hand...if you believe in magic...you have the universe at your command.

October 11 at 5:32pm  
    •  
      Deborah Lane Song lyrics by Chrystal Gayle...

      Eddie Rabbitt - I LOVE A RAINY NIGHT 

       

      Here's something for all us kids...Snoopy vs the Red Baron!!

      Snoop dog. The Red Baron. The epic battle ...
        Gordon M Oh Deb, a brilliant childhood memory, how I loved (and still do) Peanuts (espcially Woodstock & Snoopy) and don't get me started on "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown" a golden gem that is firmly entrenched in our Christmas traditions. Classic, thanks Deb 
       
    • Rain, Rain...and wondering if I made the right decision to come up to QLD again (but not because of the rain!)...probably just tired and things will look better in the morning after a sleep.
      • October 9 at 1:07am   

      • Pauline B YES it was the right decision!!!!!!!
        October 9 at 8:20am ·

      • Karen H Of course it was...but it is human to wonder about it when things don't run smoothly. :)
        October 9 at 8:34am ·

      • Miki Jay yes you did honey we all love you xoxxoxooxx it will get better hang in there
        October 9 at 12:29pm
      • Rebecca S I agree - you made the right decision.... SO GLAD YOU:RE HERE!!!! Love you lots ♥ ♥ ♥
        October 9 at 1:16pm ·
         
        The Vocal people - Amazing


        Josh is back from holidays down south...Let the games begin.October 3 at 9:48pm

        Louise J, Sally K, Miki Jay and 2 others like this.


        Louella H How old is Josh, Deb? And where did he go?
        October 3 at 10:23pm ·

        Karen H Hope he had a lovely holiday and you too!
        October 3 at 11:24pm

        Deborah Lane Hi Louella, Josh turns 9 tomorrow, and he went to his cousins in Canberra, followed by visit to his godfather in Sydney. As usual, he wrapped Godfather round his little finger...he's not so impressed with cousins, says they are bossy. He's probably right! They are career women in the making. And thank you Karen, yes it was sooooo nice to have a break!
        October 4 at 10:43am · LikeUnlike

        Louella H I hope he has a great day tomorrow. He's very grown up to be travelling on his own like that.
        October 4 at 10:45am · LikeUnlike

        Deborah Lane Believe me, he wouldn't be doing it if it was up to me...but I need the breaks so badly. Aspergers is sooooooooo energy draining...
        October 4 at 10:49am · LikeUnlike

        Louella H Josh has Aspergers? You well and truly earned your break then.
        October 4 at 10:55am · LikeUnlike

        Kirsten P that's great deb that you got a break and that he had a fun holiday. hope you guys are well....xxoo


        Happy Birthday to Jim Henson, born this day in 1936. His wish was to make a
        difference in the world and leave it better for having been here. I think he got his wish, and I'm very grateful! September 24 at 9:05pm
        My Nephew's birthday tomorrow...and I got to see him first, straight after his parents...I'm hoping the nanas will forgive me one day...:-)September 11 at 11:14pm 
        Gordon M, Nicki E and Louella H like this.

        Deborah Lane By the way, he turns 12...nanas have loooong memories!! 

        Sharon Thackwray Hey Deb, Thank you so much for Tristan's little outfits - they are adorable. Chris loved the swim suit thing as he wants to put bub in swimming lessons beginning of next year and he doesn't want his 6 month old in speedos lol. Hope all is well with everyone and we will have to come and see the new house soon. Take care.September 9 at 5:35pm

        LYRICS: The Mean Kitty Song!

        I got this little kitty about 2 months back
        he was the nicest little kitty, now a pain in my crack
        This little kitty is a ninja, always stalking my feet
        This little kitty is a warrior you know what I mean

        he's an evil little kitty look what he did to my hand
        tries to get in trouble in any way that he can
        I could give this cat a toy, but he'd rather have the wrapper
        and I will always give him water, but he still drinks from the crapper

        You could lock him in a closet and he just won't care
        kitty chews on my shoes and he licks my hair
        always scratching on my favorite chair and jumping on the couch
        playing in the window sills and tearing through the house

        He's so full of energy and easily amused
        kitty will attack anything that moves
        Causing trouble, starting battles just so he could be a little part of
        he's a meanest little kitty so we named him sparta

        Hey little sparta what is with all the fight
        little bitty kitty wanna bite bite bite
        Hey little sparta what is with all the fight
        little bitty kitty wanna bite bite bite
        Hey little sparta what is with all the fight
        little bitty kitty wanna bite bite bite
        Hey little sparta what is with all the fight
        little bitty kitty wanna bite

        Where'd you go
        are you stalking me?
        are you under the couch, quite possibly
        ears laid back so you don't get caught
        ready to pounce my leg with everything that you got

        I know you're probably watching me from across the room
        concentrating contemplating on attacking me soon
        You're not invisible kitty, I'm gonna find you first
        Come out come out before I make things worse

        I've seen where you hide and I know where you've been
        Hey kitty why don't you give in
        Even if you try to sneak up on me, I'm prepared
        Cause I've got my safety gear on and I'm not scared

        I think I hear a kitty cat under the bed
        I know your making noises just to mess with my head
        You can stalk me all you want, but I'm not your pray
        cause you always seem to find me first, but not today

        Hey little sparta what is with all the fight
        little bitty kitty wanna bite bite bite
        Hey little sparta what is with all the fight
        little bitty kitty wanna bite bite bite
        Hey little sparta what is with all the fight
        little bitty kitty wanna bite bite bite
        Hey little sparta what is with all the fight
        Come on out, I'm gonna get you now

        I've got 'em cornered
        and now he's mine
        He's not gonna get away this time
        I'll snatch him up fast before he can blink and then...
        Aw man! He's asleep in the sink

        What is with this cat? I'm confused
        He's got a bed, but it's never been used
        In every waking moment, kitty's out for the fight
        then ... next minute kitty's out like a light

        How could I let this creature live inside of my home
        I gotta keep an eye on him when I'm on the phone
        I'm a little afraid to leave this cat all alone
        this kitty may destroy everything that I own

        Look at him now, I kinda feel bad
        He's the best little cat that I've had
        and the one big thing I forgot to mention, was that
        He wasn't fighting, he just wanted attention...




        Garry the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is now at Rainbow Bridge, playing freely with no more pain. Thank you for all your love and support throughout his journey. Rest in peace Tiny Guy, we miss you already.

        Auntie Deb loves you too...thank you for making me laugh. And Monty thanks you for introducing us to Lamb Puff and Yoghurt drops...

        In honour of the outpouring of love from all around the world for our beloved little Garry, we have decided that his epitaph will read: 'If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever'. The love you all showed him all his life and with is passing should have granted him eternal life. We were lucky enough to... have him live with us but you were ALL his family. Thank you for loving him. xx

        Garry the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel had a ball tonight at Pets Unleashed. I FINALLY met Aunty Deb and Monty. I REALLY liked Monty, Daddy thought maybe a bit too much! ;-)July 22 at 9:11pm ·

        Louella H and Kate J like this.


        Naomi 'N'  Did Daddy buy you a toy Garry?
        July 22 at 9:13pm ·

        Lynn P Moo moo will get jealous...!
        July 22 at 9:15pm ·

        Garry the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Nope Aunty Naomi, should I call the RSPCA???
        July 22 at 9:19pm ·

        Lynn P Moo moo got a new pink pig on the way home from her humpathon with you Gaz....
        July 22 at 9:20pm ·

        Naomi 'N'  Yes Garry, I think you should...this is highly alarming...oh no. Did you do the head tilt with your big brown eyes Garry?
        July 22 at 9:23pm ·

        Deborah Lane Relax, Lynn...Monty is a boy!
        July 22 at 9:24pm ·

        Deborah Lane And Gaz, you are just delightful!
        July 22 at 9:25pm ·

        Lynn P phew...I will pass that on to Moo - or should that information make more anxious?
        July 22 at 9:25pm · ·

        Deborah Lane And Naomi? Yes, he did everything possible to get as much as possible!
        July 22 at 9:30pm ·


        Today I got a visit from a Victorian!! My mate Gilly and her Rob were on hols...we've talked on the phone and on the internet for over two years now, and met today face to face for the first time. I have appreciated her support so much over that time!! :=)August 25 at 10:24pm


        Deborah Lane Thinks she may have created a monster...I have trained the dog to come in from the front garden (which is unfenced) when I call, with a yoghurt drop . But now every time he wants a treat, he quietly exits and starts wandering down the road...I call, he comes, he gets treat...4 times today...don't u dare laugh at me Paul!!August 24 at 9:39pm Friends Only ·

        Sally K, Libby C, Miki Jay and 4 others like this.


        Celia K you should get a job at Guide Dogs where I work
        August 24 at 9:44pm ·

        Naomi 'N'  LOL...yogurt drop?
        August 24 at 9:45pm ·

        Naomi 'N'  You said nothing about me not laughing at you ;-)
        August 24 at 9:45pm ·

        Louella H A tricky one, that one, isn't it. We've had similar situations.
        August 24 at 9:55pm ·

        Dee V clever dog!!!!
        August 24 at 10:08pm ·

        Lisa B Who's trained who?
        August 24 at 10:10pm ·

        Annie B may i suggest a fence to get you back in the position of master
        August 24 at 10:37pm · LikeUnlike

        Danielle D Now start giving him a yogurt drop BEFORE he heads down the road. Give him more for staying in the yard in the first place. :-) You have inadvertently created a 'behaviour chain'.
        August 24 at 10:39pm ·

        Deborah Lane Oh yay...:-( Thanks for the tip Danielle...
        August 24 at 11:07pm · 

        Tracey P Have the same problem but with shmackos
        August 25 at 12:23pm ·

        TanjaK omg that is so funny sorry Deb but sounds like ur dog has out smarted u 

        Mr smarty pants Cavalier figured out how to use some of our bedroom furniture as steps up to our very high bed and proceeded to do a leap onto the bedside table where I keep cat's food dish. It was after that that the trouble started, think he must have twisted his back. Rowan on conference, couldn't even see Jenny till next week, but that was b4 he got worse, may have to ring them and beg...

        Well, that there dog o'mine,"talked" to the chiropractor the whole time we were there, in expressive dog noises...was fascinating, he literally showed her the problem spots as she examined him, just positioning areas of his back under her fingers, so that they were right on the bad spots.

         

        Mama Cass....Make Your Own Kind Of Music...
         
        Nobody can tell ya;
        There's only one song worth singin'.
        They may try and sell ya,
        'cause it hangs them up
        to see somone like you.

        But you've gotta make your own kind of music
        sing your own special song,
        make your own kind of music even if nobody
        else sing along.

        So if you cannot take my hand,
        and if you must be goin',
        I will understand.

        You're gonna be knowing
        the loneliest kind of lonely.
        It may be rough goin',
        just to do your thing's
        the hardest thing to do.

        But you've gotta make your own kind of music
        sing your own special song,
        make your own kind of music even if nobody
        else sings along.

        So if you cannot take my hand,
        and if you must be goin',
        I will understand.

        You gotta make your own kind of music
        sing your own special song,
        make your own kind of music even if nobody
        else sings along.

        TO MY CHILDREN : I will stalk you, freak out on you, lecture you, drive you crazy, be your nightmare, embarrass you in front of your friends, and hunt you down like a bloodhound until the day you understand why I do it. Then I will know you are a responsible adult. All because I... love
        ...you! 





















About Me

My photo
Narangba, Qld, Australia
Hi! I am a creative sort and at some time or other have tried out most crafts. But the one I have fallen in love with, is patchwork and quilting. Fabric is a passion with me, I often just like to stroke it as I love the feel of it on my skin. There's my son: Booboy (age 12), ,and our mad spaniel Monty living at our handmade-brick cottage at the end of the cul-de-sac. Our flood orphan, Emerald Kitty,(get it? Emerald KITTY!) has settled in with us nicely, and adores minke blankets to hide in. Recently we added two more furry cat darlings to our household, Kira The Black Ninja and Max The GingerNut. They are joined at the hip and eat, sleep, play and annoy Emmy together (also get their ears boxed by stately elder kitty together. )