This is our latest household addition, much to the dog's delight (he's SUCH a den mother) and the reigning cat's disgust. She is as cute and sunny natured as could be, although a tad on the ninja kitty side...and must taste everything. I reckon it's probably cos she lost her mum at such a young age (about 2-3 weeks, we think) and didn't get to suckle very long. I have to keep a fairly close eye on her too...I don't think she has much depth perception in her vision, which leads to her walking straight off the edges of things and falling...and that's OK if it's only a few inches to the next step, but not OK from higher things. One of my cat friends tells me that can happen sometimes if a kitten is exposed to too much light while its eyes are opening, but often corrects itself as they grow up. I hope so, for her sake...It's going to be tough doing Ninja Kitty backflips if your landing spot is further down than you think!
And today my husband turns 40...and I am officially no longer a cougar (ie a female over 40, with a male under 40 :-) ) I think it will probably be an EAT-FEST, with all his favourite foods being lined up. Why no party or whoop-de-doo? cos Himself could not decide what he wished to do. And it was only after his sisters began planning FOR him that he took fright and took control. I had tried to work it all out with him previously, but finally gave up in view of his lethargy. I did, however warn him of the likelihood of his Sisters planning the event for him if HE did not...hate to say I told you so...nahhh, who am I kidding, I'm not hating it at all, it was very funny being right! Today they sent him a big bouquet of Australian native flowers, and a food bouquet/offering. This consists of a large round crusty ring bread loaf, with a selection of veges and cheeses artfully arranged on, in and on top of the bread. Tomorrow night we are turning it into a warm Cobb Loaf with yummy filling to dip the bread into, and veges on the side... :-). And next weekend, the family will descend en mass for what will probably be ANOTHER eat-fest, if my dearest has his way (mutterings of spanish tapas, yum cha, hot chocolate...you get the idea.)
Not quite unrelated to the above...but the musical, WICKED, is now in Brisbane! You may recall I wangled a ticket to the show in Sydney, from my parents as a Chrismas gift (eeeeek, that was over a year ago!!) But we weren't able to go as a family because the total cost of tickets went beyond our budget. Then I heard about the Wicked lottery...
You go to the box office at 5pm on the day you want to go, put your name down, and wait till 5.30pm...they then release all unsold tickets and allot 2 per person only, for $35 each. So, yesterday we tried our luck...and won bigtime. Two tickets in row A, two in row AA (there were 4 of us in total, 2 putting their names down), and the stage so close we could touch the characters...EEEEEEEEEE!! (for the uninitiated, squeals of excitement!!) Needless to say, a good time was had by all...and Philbee even graciously admitted he now understood my obsession with the soundtrack. And I saw him laugh a lot at the humour! So I am happy with my present to him working out so well.
Time to go do other stuff. Like SLEEP. Goodnight!