I thought my next post would be to show u all the photos of the new place, and tell a bit more about it. But I'm afraid it isn't going to be anything as innocuous as that. I am so angry at the moment, and I shall tell you why.
Do you remember a while back, me telling you all the story of my dear little red hen? Who, as it turned out, had no chance at all to live a proper chicken-length life, because her breed has been genetically bred to lay like crazy for about 3 years, then die after their best laying period is finished? I grieved so much over that little hen, and was so angry about humans meddling in genetics of animals. I still am. And now a friend has been dropped into a similar sort of nightmare, with her darling cavalier spaniel.
I am posting a link from a BBC documentary, about how breeders have knowingly perpetuated the truly horrible condition that my friend finds herself faced with in her fur kid. Because of greed and too close inbreeding, thousands of puppies now have this gene and are at risk from a premature and horrible painful death. And once again, I am left with so much grief and anger, all because some people, somewhere along the way, decided that profit was more important than the welfare of an animal. I warn u, the video is distressing viewing. And any breeder who knowingly goes on breeding puppies in the light of this information is evil at worst and ignorant at best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm17MesMFRc....Cut and paste into your browser.
It's about myself, my creative life and my family as we meander through the journey known as life.
About Me
- Beeeme!
- Narangba, Qld, Australia
- Hi! I am a creative sort and at some time or other have tried out most crafts. But the one I have fallen in love with, is patchwork and quilting. Fabric is a passion with me, I often just like to stroke it as I love the feel of it on my skin. There's my son: Booboy (age 12), ,and our mad spaniel Monty living at our handmade-brick cottage at the end of the cul-de-sac. Our flood orphan, Emerald Kitty,(get it? Emerald KITTY!) has settled in with us nicely, and adores minke blankets to hide in. Recently we added two more furry cat darlings to our household, Kira The Black Ninja and Max The GingerNut. They are joined at the hip and eat, sleep, play and annoy Emmy together (also get their ears boxed by stately elder kitty together. )