Life interferes sometimes...

Well, it's been a very long time indeed between posts...after the winter I've had, and the subsequent happenings, I just didn't have the heart to post again. I was actually about to dispose of this blog, when I got a message from a friend, saying she'd just become a follower of said blog. I cried! A little encouragement goes a long way for me. Thanks, Tarnyia!

Anyhow, without boring u to death, the short version of the story involves going north for my healths'sake (I love Qld to bits!) so I didn't lose any fingers to the cold. While there, I did some major rethinking of my life, and tho that's yet to be confirmed before I will put it into play, change is in the air.

During that time, I also lost my much-loved Nana. Altho I had been cross with her over the last year for putting my mum through the emotional guilt wringer, it was still a real wrench for me...and going through her things afterwards only showed me how much I take after her. She loved big, flashy rings...all before bling was fashionable!...and shiny glittery colourful fabrics (me again)...and lots of her small personal choices of craft supplies, stationary, perfumes and powders, and nic-nacs, surprised me with our similarity in taste (or lack thereof! ;-)) My mum is, of course, devastated, and I suspect she will find a lot of time on her hands in the future. I hope she puts it to good use.

Sooo...The quilting frame sits like a dinosaur in our living room, still yet to be tried out. Maybe I'll find the heart to try it out...or maybe I'll sell it. Either way, I'm OK. Life goes on, which was the subject of my eulogy for Nana, after which her six grandsons carried her to her resting place. I think she'd have loved that, from them.

About Me

My photo
Narangba, Qld, Australia
Hi! I am a creative sort and at some time or other have tried out most crafts. But the one I have fallen in love with, is patchwork and quilting. Fabric is a passion with me, I often just like to stroke it as I love the feel of it on my skin. There's my son: Booboy (age 12), ,and our mad spaniel Monty living at our handmade-brick cottage at the end of the cul-de-sac. Our flood orphan, Emerald Kitty,(get it? Emerald KITTY!) has settled in with us nicely, and adores minke blankets to hide in. Recently we added two more furry cat darlings to our household, Kira The Black Ninja and Max The GingerNut. They are joined at the hip and eat, sleep, play and annoy Emmy together (also get their ears boxed by stately elder kitty together. )